WebClick Tracer

Safe commutes ahead: Constantino opens new bridge in Malungon

Malungon, Sarangani Mayor Tessa Constantino is happy for her residents in Barangay Lower Mainit who would now get to use a new concrete bridge.

For years, residents of this area have been risking their lives by crossing a creek through a foot bridge in order to reach the town proper. But that is history now.

The local chief executive led on Saturday the opening of the P86.8 million project, funded by Tingog party-list.

“After many tests and inconveniences, this former foot bridge has now turned into a strong access that will not only provide us with an adequate portal toward the town’s center but also free us from various negative conjectures that are now converted into positive rejoinders from locals who had earlier been wary of the project expansion,” Constantino said.

Meanwhile, Municipal Engineer Mark Anthony Zagales said the project is equipped with appropriate flood control, a box culvert, and a lined canal, that could withstand heavy rainfalls and even flash floods during the peak of the rainy season.
#

More stories in POLITIKO MINDANAO
Top Stories on POLITIKO.COM.PH